Sunday 18 May 2008

The final straight...

I figured it would be sensible to write a status update on here, seeing as we're coming to crunch time (nice cliché eh?). Plus it's way more productive than doing Facebook updates.

I've decided that I'm going to go with three articles to hand in. The band abroad story, the Secret Language of the Busker and the Lost article. First of all I'll point out that there is only 3000 words of copy, I'm aware of that. But I shall also point out that I've spent more time working on the layouts (a layout for each piece) than I have on the writing. So using that logic I believe I cover the '6000 words or equivalent' criteria.

So what have I done?

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' tour of Eastern Europe article can be found here on my MSN Live Space - Ragged

The Secret Language of the Busker can be found here - Secret language

I'm currently writing up and designing the Lost article for skymag (the magazine that gets sent out to Sky subscribers - Lost is shown on Sky). Like OMM it's not quite A4, it's like 294 x 244 mm or something like that. Not a major hassle, as I've found an online ruler (seem to have misplaced my pencil case).

I was also wondering if it is worth mentioning that I met up with the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists (or Tom, Julian and Dan as I call them) at their show in Crackow. Bit of a coincidence that, but it does add an element of authenticity to my report on their show at Café Szaffe. I bet few other students got work from abroad!

Will probably keep updating as time draws nearer. It's a great distraction this.

Update: It looks like the MSN isn't working so I'll get them up another time. No time for annoying websites.

No comments: