Thursday 24 April 2008

flying back again

It's amazing how this work comes from procrastinating on the dissertation. So I've just slobbed out for twenty minutes to have a smoke and a quick game of poker, when I remembered something. The other night when I was slacking and playing poker I found this website that says it'll watch you play and if you're good enough: sponsor you. It all sounds a bit suss right (?) but it turns out it's run by ex England cricketer Ed Giddens.

So I've just sent him this email:

(Oh yeah, and the site is called Geoff, I think it's like Dave on TV)

About Geoff Basically‏
From: Tim Horner (t********@hotmail.com)
Sent: 24 April 2008 00:13:20
To: ed@geoff.cc
Hello Ed,

I was checking my stats on SharkScope and stumbled upon your ad. This seems pretty interesting, I thought to myself and what not.

My name is Tim Horner and I'm a third year Journalism student at University College Falmouth. I also happen to have a massive interest in poker, writing, and writing about poker. (I'm currently having a quick Sit & Go break from my dissertation - which happens to be on poker.)

I've set up an account on Betfair under the alias 'Angry Youth' if you fancy keeping an eye on my form. I've been playing a bit on Full Tilt and it's a completely different kettle of (excuse the pun) fish.

If you could provide me with some information on your company, what and how you work... I'm sure I could come up with a real good article for those who play poker (young men...), I have contacts at Poker Player and Front who would considering running it.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Tim Horner

Angry Youth

So that's another option. Back to the diss.

No comments: