Monday 7 April 2008

feature idea #7983274

Well the lazy lay isn't really going on at the minute. I think the pressure of dissertating every waking (non hungover) moment is getting to me. It's not going to be much better after the deadline, what with having to write up my Neg Port stories and all the P.R. work. But I digress...

I've got a new idea that seems pretty sharp. I have a friend/contact who works (and did teacher training) at Truro College. The angle is that she is Polish. (Very contemporary issue eh?) I'm thinking of interviewing her about the job, how she got into the job and about career opportunities in education; with the intent of pitching it to the Polish Express.

I've emailed the Polish Express with the idea:

editorial enquiry‏
From: Tim Horner (t*****@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent: 07 April 2008 14:27:50
To: redakcja@fortismediauk.com

Hello,

My name is Tim Horner and I am studying BA Journalism at University College Falmouth. I am currently undertaking a project in which we approach publications and pitch story ideas.

I have a contact who moved to the UK from Poland a few years ago and has found employment in the education sector, teaching A Level students at Truro College. I am considering writing a feature on her and how she got into the teacher training course as well as the pros and cons of teaching hormone fuelled teenagers.

Having only seen your newspaper via the website, could you tell me what sort of length (in terms of word count) a feature like this would be?

Also, I feel I should add that I should be able to have it translated into Polish.

Kind regards,

Tim Horner

Like so. I think it'd be a really interesting article whether they go with it or not. As shown in the email, I'm not too sure about the word count, but I think I can easily get a thousand words out of it, plus some photos for a good layout.

No comments: